History of NPU
NPU was originally established as the State Northwest Institute of Engineering in Hanzhong in 1938. The Institute was an amalgamation of Beiyang Institute of Engineering, the Engineering College of Peking University, the Engineering College of Northeast University and Jiaozuo Institute of Engineering. After eight years in Hanzhong, the Institute moved to Xianyang, and was renamed the Northwest Institute of Engineering in 1950.The Northwest Institute of Engineering moved to Xi'an in October 1957 where it merged with the Xi'an Institute of Aeronautics. The latter had been founded in 1952 as the East China Institute of Aeronautics amalgamating the Aeronautical Departments of Jiaotong University, Zhejiang University and Central University. In 1957 the Northwest Institute of Engineering was officially renamed Northwestern Polytechnical University. In 1970 the Department of Aeronautics of Harbin Institute of Engineering also amalgamated with NPU.
Over more than 70 years, NPU has built an outstanding academic reputation encapsulated in its motto of """""""" Loyalty，Integrity，Courage and Perseverance"""""""", and reflected in its spirit of “Strong Preparation，Diligent Effort，Practical Attitude，and Creative Innovation”. As a key base for the cultivation of top-level talent thru research and innovation, NPU has been recognized as a “National Unit of Civilization” and awarded “the National Labor Medal”. Among its pioneering achievements are the first doctorates awarded in six academic disciplines, the first SUAV, ground effect vehicle, AUV and on-board spacecraft computer in China. In 1960 NPU was approved as a key state university, and was subsequently ranked in the top 15 under the government's 7th and 8th Five-year-plans. In the 9th and 10th Five-year-plans it was classed as a member of the 211 and 985 Projects respectively. NPU was one of the first universities to establish a graduate school and national university science park, and now hosts the Northwest Institute of Industrial Technology and China's top UAV Research and Development Base.
Copyright © Northwestern Polytechnical University
Youyi campus of Northwestern Polytechnical University ADD: 127 West Youyi Road, Beilin District, Xi'an Shaanxi, 710072, P.R.China.
Chang'an campus of Northwestern Polytechnical University ADD: 1 Dongxiang Road, Chang'an District, Xi'an Shaanxi,710129, P.R.China.
为了您的体验效果更佳, 需要IE9以上浏览器访问! 如果您正在使用的是